The Art Management Group undertakes a wide range of services, including due diligence, collection conservation and management, risk assessment and security as well as legal issues, recovery and dispute resolution.
Due Diligence - Pre Purchase
- Advising on and sourcing of objects for purchase and investment.
- Due Diligence on objects to ensure no third party claim to title.
- Due Diligence on buyers/sellers in accordance with money laundering legislation and compliance with financial regulations.
- Scientific examination of objects for dating, authentification and the prevention of fraud.
- Historic research into objects and their provenance.
- Insurance and Probate valuations.
- Insurance advice.
- Pre-Purchase and collection Condition Surveys.
- Expert advice on the conservation of objects with recommendations to appropriate conservators.
- Management of the conservation process.
- Collection Condition Surveys and the creation, implementation and ongoing review of conservation programs.
- Long term collection care and advice, as well as implementation of storage and display standards monitoring thereof.
- Risk assessments of the local environment, temperature, humidity, lighting, hazardous substances, and pest control with recommendations for remedial and preventative conservation.
Security & Risk Assessments
- Risk assessments for premises, loan and storage facilities at home and abroad.
- Security Surveys incorporating alarms and sensor recommendations, imaging & black screen monitoring.
- Transport risk assessments and recommendations compliant with insurance and indemnified conditions.
- Advice and application of security/ID marking material to the highest conservation standards.
- Macro photography.
- Storage of relevant security marking data on secure databases with long-term assurance of secure maintenance.
- Inventory creation, photography and valuation of objects.
- Introduction to management system software to provide, in one place, an easily accessible and complete management record for each object within the collection as well as the collection as a whole.
- Valuations for insurance, probate or investment purposes.
- Advice on Disaster Planning and Recovery plans.
- Review of third party Disaster Plans and recovery strategies.
- Advice on Disaster Planning as a component of grant applications.
Post Theft & Recovery
- Theft/loss investigations including forensic examination of scene and objects.
- International circulation of stolen/lost objects utilising the largest international databases for stolen art, antiques and cultural property providing screening of worldwide art markets.
- Investigation of database matches and the retrieval of stolen property through negotiation and mediation.
Dispute Resolution & Litigation.
- Dispute resolution through professional mediation and arbitration.
- Confidential enquiries in support of litigation.
- Case assessment and advice on litigation.
- Advice on international cultural property claims and anti seizure laws.
Tax and Inheritance
- Advice on wills and estate planning and administration.
- Advice on heritage property, historic houses and works of art including exemption from inheritance tax.
- Advice on charitable objects and rules.
- Sale or disposal advice within the art market, private sales or through well established relationships with museums and galleries.
Storage, Transportation and Shipping
- Long and short-term storage in approved secure facilities providing environmental control for large collections to individual items.
- Professional handling, packaging, transportation and shipping of objects.
- Insurance cover for objects whilst in storage and in transit.